There is so much information floating around regarding COVID-19: how to avoid it, proper hand-washing techniques, practicing social distancing, what to do if you get the virus and more.
But outside of personal concerns, there are added professional concerns for small business owners trying to minimize financial impact on their businesses during this time.
If you’re a small business owner, you probably have additional questions like this:
- How is COVID-19 going to affect my business?
- How should I market my business during this time?
- Should I even market my business during this time?
To answer that last one, absolutely yes, and here’s why:
At times like these, some businesses have a tendency to pull back or stop their marketing all together (like your competitors!) while the smartest businesses use it as an opportunity to get ahead.
Now, you may be thinking, “Yes of course I would rather see results than not, but how do I do that? How do I market my business through the Corona virus situation?”
Update your marketing plan
- Increase digital marketing – many people are now working from home and spending more time online.
- Be empathetic – this is a challenging time for all of us, recognize this in your messaging and tone of voice.
- Be relevant – this is not the time to post about event planning or travel products.
- Keep your customers updated – let them know what your business is up to and about any changes to your products and services.
Revisit your emergency management and recovery plan
If you already have a business continuity plan that’s based on our emergency management and recovery plan template, now is a good time to revisit it. It includes information that might help you market your business as it recovers from COVID-19.
Use online marketing platform
Under COVID-19 restrictions, online marketing is an effective way to promote your business online and engage with your existing customers.
- Social Media
Social media is a easy way to promote your business and provide updates about recent product and services.
- Email & Text Marketing
Better way to engaged with your existing customers. You can send out promotions or offer gift cards to your existing list.
Use your website to provide information about opening hours, any changes in product and services under Covid19.